Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Variable index performance

MPearson88
5 - Atom

Could someone please help with something that I cannot get to work. I am looking to pull out the highest indexing variable per customer type, I do not need the value but I need the related variable . e.g A01 highest indexing measure is 12.32 for age and that is in the 41-45 variable i want to see that. There are 66 customer types and 12 measures so I need to see the top indexing variable by customer type for each of the 12 measures.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Probably something like this. I added the "Who we are" filter at the end so I could check my work but you can remove that if it isn't needed. Basic concept is a transpose to get all of the columns into one, a sort so the values are descending, and then a sample of the first record of each group. Workflow is attached. 

solution.png

MPearson88
5 - Atom

Brandon, 

Thank you that looks exactly what i want but i cant download your solution as i have an older version of Alteryx Designer, is there any way you could share on an older version or do you have any other way of sharing?

Thanks,

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

What version do you have? I can tweak something for you

MPearson88
5 - Atom

I have managed to replicate this so it has now worked, thank you

Labels