Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Validation for xml parsing

dexter90
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am building ax xml parsing workflow with xml as input file which has more than 200 lines. After using xml parse how to validate if I have parsed all the levels.

2 REPLIES 2
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dexter90 This app helps you find all the levels inside the XML file. Try running this app with the file and see if the hierarchical tree matches or not. 

Digan
Alteryx
fharper
12 - Quasar

Perhaps the easiest/most expedient way is to open file in Notepad++ and visually compare.  You could write a parsing flow of your own but that defeats value of tool...who needs tool if you write your own... Or as @DiganP  offered use an App someone has already made...but

In my experience people often get hung up when not selecting Root.  the other options have value and are best once you understand how the tool works...if you KNOW what to expect you can parse for a specific value or autodetect but autodetect will regularly drop elements and focus on the primary element it detected and its child/children.

Root option will parse everything in my experience...then you can subsequently filter down to what you want in a variety of ways.

Labels