Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

VLookup Function

MiroPwC
7 - Meteor

Hi guys,

quick question on you. Here below I have data set where SA 2018 are account numbers and I would like to replace column "Description" with relevant Account names based on Account number. For this I also have another file (screen 2)

MiroPwC_0-1582049669243.png

Screen 2

MiroPwC_1-1582049815895.png

So I would like to make a code that would replace "1" in Description column with "Individual tangible fixed...". Then replace "2" with ... another English name from the list.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @MiroPwC ,

I think, you could join the tables based on SA 2018 and Account and use a formula to fill the description field. I've attached a sample workflow. Hope this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MiroPwC 

You can join both tables on the SA 2018 and Account fields. Uncheck "Account" from the Right side, and uncheck "Description" from the left side (in the select tool part of the Join tool). You can then more the account name into position with the arrows, also in the Select tool part of Join.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers!

Esther

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MiroPwC ,

Attached is an example showing how to do it. 

Take a look and let me know if this works for you.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels