Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

VLOOKUP from Different Input Reports

lisamccullough
8 - Asteroid

I am currently building my 3rd workflow and what I am finding is that they have all been different. For my current workflow I have 13 inputs and I'm trying to create one output. I'm using the total columns of data from a few reports - no issues there. The issues that I'm having that when I have to create a column and use if/when statements and VLookup options. Typically, I'm using VLookup (Y or N) from one of the reports. Should I use the Formula Tool and create a new column and manually enter a formula. If so, how do I complete a formula after creating a column when I need to VLookup data from one of the report's column. This  is a little difficult. Let me know if I should attached a sample workflow.

3 REPLIES 3
treepruner
9 - Comet

Definitely attach a sample workflow or even a screenshot! It would also be useful for you to explain how the data needs to be transformed. 

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @lisamccullough

Thank you for your question to the Community! I moved your post to the Designer Discussions forum there you can ask anything technical about Designer. 

This article "Q&A: Where Do I Post My Questions?" should also help you out. 

Thank you @treepruner for helping him out! Awesome! 

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @lisamccullough,

Join tool is a representation of the vlookup function. 

It is really simple to use but if you will need any guidance you can check this youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0XI7rzMPo&ab_channel=Alteryx

Labels