Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

VLOOKUP from Different Input Reports

lisamccullough
8 - Asteroid

I am currently building my 3rd workflow and what I am finding is that they have all been different. For my current workflow I have 13 inputs and I'm trying to create one output. I'm using the total columns of data from a few reports - no issues there. The issues that I'm having that when I have to create a column and use if/when statements and VLookup options. Typically, I'm using VLookup (Y or N) from one of the reports. Should I use the Formula Tool and create a new column and manually enter a formula. If so, how do I complete a formula after creating a column when I need to VLookup data from one of the report's column. This  is a little difficult. Let me know if I should attached a sample workflow.

3 REPLIES 3
treepruner
9 - Comet

Definitely attach a sample workflow or even a screenshot! It would also be useful for you to explain how the data needs to be transformed. 

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @lisamccullough

Thank you for your question to the Community! I moved your post to the Designer Discussions forum there you can ask anything technical about Designer. 

This article "Q&A: Where Do I Post My Questions?" should also help you out. 

Thank you @treepruner for helping him out! Awesome! 

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @lisamccullough,

Join tool is a representation of the vlookup function. 

It is really simple to use but if you will need any guidance you can check this youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0XI7rzMPo&ab_channel=Alteryx

Labels