Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

VAT - VIES API link

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

In need of your tecchy brains...I am not sure where to start or how to link an API to a flow - but basically i have a list (attached) of VAT numbers and country codes and I need to create a workflow that spits out an output with the correct VAT and if possible to say whether is incorrect/correct. 

hope this makes sense 

link to the API needed 

https://www.programmableweb.com/api/vies-vat-rpc-api 

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

I don't see any API info in the attachment, each API is a little different but the below article might be helpful:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/APIs-for-Beginners-Integrate-All-the-Systems/ba-p/8074...

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

So good news & bad news... Good news - I found this thread and built the attached workflow. Bad news - running 4,000 entries is going to take a LONG time...

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid
Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

Hi @apathetichell thank you so much! Will I need to change the country and supply an example VAT and then run it for each country through the input below?

Metadata21_0-1668082689918.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Tool 10 (input data) includes your file. The resource/endpoint base is appended to each of those records and an endpoint is generated to feed into the download tool. The sample controls how many records/requests you feed into the download tool at one time.

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell Sorry its me again - how do I resolve this error?

Metadata21_0-1670864271994.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Sorry - not sure - is that a specific record/entity? is there a null or improperly created endpoint somewhere? basically one record is creating an issue and you may need to dig into why.

Labels