Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

V lookup value from multiple columns

Vicky92
7 - Meteor

I have to look up the value from two columns (I.e. Record ID Type I & II) to get the desired result. I won't be able to do that with the help of Find & Replace tool because it will find the value from one column only.

Input :-

Record ID -Type IRecord ID -Type IIScienceMaths English

Output :-

Record IDScienceMathsEnglish

I have attached my input & output file for your reference. Please help me with relevant solution

2 REPLIES 2
8 - Asteroid

It would be helpful if the excel file included the formula(s) you're using. I don't understand what logic you need with the current attachment. 

Could you simply aggregate the 2 record ID columns with a formula tool and then use that as your lookup?

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @Vicky92 ,

You can use a formula tool to combine the two fields (e.g. [Record ID - Type 1] + [Record ID - Type 2] ) in both data sets and then do the Find/Replace based on that field. Then you can drop your combined field in the final output. Alternatively, you can use a join tool and add both Record ID - Type 1 and Record ID - Type 2 as unique keys in the JOIN tool.

Labels