Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

V_String field not contained in the record

cwoo
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I created a simple field which is a concatenation of two V_String  fields, which then gets used to append a field from a different data source.  

cwoo_0-1623099581180.png

cwoo_1-1623099642881.png

When I run this in a designer, I don't have any issues but when I run it on a company gallery, I get the following error message: 

cwoo_2-1623099708357.png

Can someone please explain why I am getting this error msg when trying to run this workflow on a gallery?

Thanks,

Christine

4 REPLIES 4
chinta
7 - Meteor

Hi Christine, 

Why haven't you preferred a 'Formula' tool instead of multi-row tool? Just curious. In these situations (works locally, errors on gallery), I prefer to add an Output tool with yxdb format. This yxdb file will provide the Multi-row tool output wherein you get a clarity of the missing variable. Hope this suggestion helps you fix the issue. Good Luck!

Best,

PKC

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cwoo ,

can you please provide your workflow so we can help?

M.

Bulien

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @cwoo 

Just a thought here, but try taking the "&" out of your field name.  Replace it with "and".  Workflows are stored as xml files and it's possible that the "&" is being translated to & at some point in the process of moving it to the gallery

Dan 

cwoo
8 - Asteroid

@chinta Simply using the formula tool instead of the Multi-row tool did the job. Thank you!

Christine

Labels