Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using the Render Tool under Reporting for sheet names

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have been trying to give sheet names using the render tool, but I'm not able to find an option to give sheet names.

The technique of output data where we use   ABC.xlsx||||sheetname is not working here.

I dont want to group-by any record(already tried the vertical layout option), I just want to give different sheet names in the same excel file.Is it possible?

Or if using reporting tools is not an option for excel formatting, what is the best way to approach this.Thanks.

Regards,

Rahul 

4 REPLIES 4
danrh
13 - Pulsar

Take a look at the Layout tool:

image.png

Note the configurations in all three tools. I have to play with it a little every time to get it right, so you might need to tweak it. You name the sheets in the Layout tool at the bottom of the configuration in "Section Name".

Hope it helps!

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danrh

I saw this solution before, but this doesn't work in my case because I dont want to group by filename or I dont have sheet name included in my data.

Lets say I have two different tabs/sheets to be created in a workflow(both have different logic) and I have to give two separate sheet/tab names in that one excel.Thanks.

Regards,

Rahul

danrh
13 - Pulsar

Something more like this?

image.png

The concept is the same, just use the Table tools individually, add a sheet name field for each and Union them together. Grouping by filename isn't required, just convenient in case your making multiple excel files with multiple sheets each.

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danrh

The only missing link in my experimental workflow was the union tool.

The formatting took a long time, but it worked.Thanks a ton.Really appreciate your response.

Regards,

Rahul

Labels