Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using one input Tool for different sheets using Analytical app

areeba
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have got a requirement where i have one excel sheet as input file (Sample) and it has two sheets inside 'Colours' and 'Items'. I have to use analytic app to pull input fie out from its respective input folder and do the operation on both sheets differently. Is it possible to use Input file once and it picks up the sheets as per its calculations.

I am attaching sample file and sample workflow.

Ps: I cannot rule out use of Analytical App.

Please let me know , if need more information.

Regards

Areeba

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @areeba ,

Yes, it is possible, but it will load them in as a unioned dataset in one stream. You would then need to split them up, and I'm not sure what benefit you would have in doing so.

Is there a specific problem your current build is causing?

M.

Bulien

areeba
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mceleavey 

No there is no problem in that , its just not to reuse same input file for different sheet.

But I think  with your solution it will be more complicated.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

Areeba

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @areeba ,

yes, obviously the analytics app part complicates it slightly, but if you always have a fixed number of sheets then it's just simpler to do it the way you have.

If you want to get really creative you can have Alteryx generate the number of outputs based on the number of sheets you've selected, but now you're getting into really complicated grounds.

I think the way you've done it is just fine.

M.

Bulien

Labels