Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using multi row tool to loop through sets of data?

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm helping our finance team to do some calculations based on earnings and work codes. For example, in the sample data, each employee has a list of different earn codes (column PS Earn Code), for different pay periods (column pay period). If that pay period has overtime (column OT Code?), I want to tell Alteryx to loop through all rows associated with the pay period and do a bunch of consecutive calculations to get to a final amount for that pay period. If that pay period doesn't have any overtime, I want it to do nothing. From what I read I need to use the multi row formula, but it seems to be more useful when using calculations on consecutive rows, instead of calculations on a group of rows. I am probably misunderstanding it.

I unfortunately can't include my actual workflow because it has some sensitive data in it, but I hope the sample data makes sense?

1 REPLY 1
shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

Hi @Alayna ,

it would help if you can add a column that depicts your expected result.

Could you add that column in the sample file and reshare it?

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

Labels