Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using macro in analytic app

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hello,

I have a workflow that connects to a database, pulls data, I process and provide the result. So I converted this into analytical app, so it will ask username, password, date etc..... So far so good. The original app is not that simple, the are around 25 different tables I should do the same. All tables will share same inputs.

So here is the my challenge. 

I converted all inputs to dynamic input, so fine.

For around 25 data inputs, I should do this for each item, 1 username, 1 password, 1 id, 3 different date metric, minimum 6 dynamic entry or more depends on the data source. This step is repetitive for each data source. So when something is repetitive, the macros comes to my mind.

I want to convert this (container 12) to a macro

albert_alaluf_0-1634931175650.png

to convert this as analytic app

albert_alaluf_1-1634931251546.png

When I run it, I still want to ask me question to feed the dynamic input.

Any suggestions? Is this possible?

Albert

8 REPLIES 8
AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@albert_alaluf 

You can create interfaces in you macro to capture usernames and passwords, then add the interfaces for the analytic app and make the action tool update macro questions.

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Thank you @AZuc. Do you have any sample you can provide? Even very simple and easy one.

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

I'll do it in a moment

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@albert_alaluf 

See if it helps you

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Thank you for the example. I will try to implement the logic into my workflow, let's see if it works. 

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

If it works, please mark my answer as correct.

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

As my understanding, you are just (kinda) replicating the work in analytic application I did and save as macro. So I'm just thinking, this macro output will feed my tables, so it will connect to my dynamic tables as input, in a simple term, I will have around 25 connections only and inside macro I need to simulate the number of questions I have in analytics app. Maybe duplicating the work, but it avoids tens of connections and time. I believe I see your logic and pretty sure it will work with a little bit of work.

Thanks

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

Exactly, you'll get external info and need to pass them into the macro. So there's no other way than to duplicate the interfaces

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

Labels