Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using dynamic select in an analytic app

jamesbarker
7 - Meteor

Hi al!
I'm trying to make an app where users can select the data they want to pull from an input. I figured a dynamic select tool would be best used for this, and it works, to a point.
When I run as an app I'm asked what data I want to view, but when I view the excel sheet it has pulled everything through.
This is my first app build so I'm pretty new to how this works :)
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Since you're using an App, use a regular Select tool, not a Dynamic Select.

In Alteryx, under the Interface tab, click the List Box tool, then click Open Example.   See the second example.  Run the example as a App.

Chris

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jamesbarker 

Swap the Dynamic Select to a Select, and change the action type to "Update Select with multi-select Listbox" :

DavidSkaife_0-1670326863203.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jamesbarker One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1670327118581.png

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@binuacs 

any way to REorder these fields?

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @wonka1234 

If you have a look on the community there are a few posts about this. For example a good one to look at is https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/User-Dynamic-Reorder-Columns/td-p/7437... from which you might be able to make work in your use case.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball
Labels