Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using data from one input in an unconnected workflow

marksyoung73
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

In the below image, is there a way I can use the field data from my second input in the filter in my first workflow?

I only started using Alteryx a couple of days ago, so it's all pretty new.

Thank you in advance

.Q.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Would a simple Join tool do the trick? 

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @marksyoung73 ,

I would recommend the Parallel Block Until Done macro. This will allow you to complete the first part of your workflow and use the output as an input. See attached. You can also download the full set of Crew Macros here: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Crew-Macro-Pack-2016-Q2-Release/ba-p/26482

MichaelSu_0-1627489265336.png

Thanks,

Mike

marksyoung73
6 - Meteoroid

Ideally, if there is a formula available I would prefer that (almost like a DBRef?). If I used a join I didn't know if I could do a "less than" in my filter with this input?

thanks

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ah - less than - didn't catch that.

Is it only the one value that it has to be less than?  If so, then the simplest native tool way to do it would be to use an append tool to append that one date to every record, then you can use your filter tool.

marksyoung73
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks mbarone, That worked, you are a star. Simple but effective.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome - great to hear!

Labels