Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using crew macros for scheduling workflows

rohanonline
10 - Fireball

All,

I am trying to schedule my workflows using crew macros. I am in a situation where I want two workflows to finish before I could kick-off the next one.

I am not sure what would be the best way to do that. I tried using a parallel block and union, but it doesn't seem to be working.

For example - in the workflow below, both the workflows highlighted in red should finish before the green ones start running. Can anyone help with a potential solution?

Crew Macros.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Would it be better to use the List Runner?

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think you are hoping that the list runners will let you run workflows in parallel.  Unfortunately they do not.

So yes either the list runner or just put your conditional runners in a single line in the order you want the workflows to run.

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
Cassaad
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @AdamR_AYX

Does runner macro work with workflows that have events? I currently have a workflow with 2 events that works perfectly. Whenever i zip it in a runner tool and attach it to a conditional one, it fails. could you please shed some lights on this?

Thank you!

Mahadeva
8 - Asteroid

Hi Adam,

Need confirmation whether sequencing of workflows using Runner/Conditional Runner works as expected in Alteryx Scheduler too. ?

Appreciate your help at the earliest.

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Mahadeva, The CReW Runner Macros are not supported on Scheduler or Server because they initiate Alteryx Workflows outside of the monitored Queue and can easily overload a machine.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

GabrielCM
7 - Meteor

Hi @Mahadeva, in the Scheduler you must execute the original, not the copy in MongoDB, in this way if it works for you.

clipboard_image_0.png

Mahadeva
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Gabriel, will test this option and revert.

Labels