Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using condition for disabling the containers

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I have four different processes in four containers. I set 4 radio buttons for all four processes.  If the user selects Radio button 1, the container for the selected button should be enabled, and the other three containers should be disabled, and likewise for the other three radio buttons. I tried and was not sure how to connect the condition with all 4 Radio tools. Please help me.

Regards,

Alwin

9 REPLIES 9
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil  The workflow I made for you earlier in the week demonstrates this concept when working with multiple containers. Four vs. two shouldn't differ in said concept.

The two anchors from the condition tool are True/False, which in this case is whether or not the radio button is selected. The action from the True anchor is configured to activate the container, whereas the action from the False anchor is configured to disable it. This is true for all 4 radio buttons, so only the container for the one radio button that is selected will be activated.

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JamesCharnley 

Yes, I am referring to your workflow. I tried the attached app. However, it's not working as expected and erroring out. Please correct me.

allwynbazil_0-1674733992938.png

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil  OK, within the Condition configuration just put [#1] within the expression window. I'd missed it when I built your workflow in a rush but I think that should work

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Adding[#1] did not help, as there are two inputs. Added [#1] and [#2] have fixed the issue. However, when I run the app, there is no action on the containers. it remains enabled.

allwynbazil_0-1674735463208.png

Regards,

Alwin

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil  set it up so there's one radio button, one condition and two actions per container. Then it would be best to add some kind of test workflow so you can validate with some browse tools to show results from as you run the app.

I've attached an updated version of the app I made that should work as an example, apologies that it's a bit of a mess. If you populate the relevant date inputs with the ones from the filters you should see that it works.

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JamesCharnley . This is still not working for me. Can you please check my attached app and let me know the issue?

Regards,

Alwin

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil  no problem, I made a couple of changes and it works for me now (I had to change to text inputs to test because the data wasn't included).

The first thing was the action of the False anchor of the EA radio button was still set to Enabled, so that needs to be changed to disabled.

JamesCharnley_0-1674740225422.png

Then I've just made sure that the browses can be seen on successful runs to validate:

JamesCharnley_3-1674740339307.png

JamesCharnley_1-1674740303141.png

JamesCharnley_2-1674740317424.png

Let me know if that works for you now. Cheers

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Awesome @JamesCharnley.  It works fine now. I succeeded in updating the value with the formula as well. In this scenario, we don't need

condition tool. Below is the link for our community.

https://youtu.be/Ee2q6i_bsvc

Regards,

Alwin

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil  Using condition this way I sort of self-discovered trying to practise apps like this so I'm happy to learn an alternative! Thanks for the link

Labels