Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using appended data output by a workflow, then using that output in the same workflow

HSuffolk
7 - Meteor

Hi all

I'm attempting to run a workflow using e.g. Data Source 1 (DS1) and DS2. This then appends data to an output file, and then that appended output file will be used beyond then in the workflow.

I've attempted to use a Block Until Done, but I think I'm making a mistake. After the output has taken place, the initial action is an input, which I can't link to a Block Until Done?

Any thoughts on the below image trying to explain the above - the output should happen first, and then the input should happen next.

HSuffolk_0-1634207751749.png

Thanks

H

4 REPLIES 4
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @HSuffolk 

In this case I would use block until done and then use a dynamic input tool.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

DavidP_0-1634209680590.png

HSuffolk
7 - Meteor

Thanks David.

I'm reading about the dynamic input tool now. I'm not managing to make it work unfortunately.

It seems to me that I need to append the FilePath to the dataset I'm outputting to be able to use a dynamic input to then bring it back into the workflow. Is this correct?

Thank

H

HSuffolk
7 - Meteor

I've managed to find a solution using the dynamic input tool!

I used a formula to append the file path to each of the records, summarised and grouped by that column to isolate it, and then fed that in to the dynamic input tool. I've attached an image - let me know if you think I've gone over the top, or there's a better way to link in the file path.

Thanks

H

HSuffolk_0-1634223064588.png

Labels