Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using a macro to update a value in Google Sheet Input

KS_dup_175
6 - Meteoroid

Hello there, hoping someone can assist. 

I'm attempting to create a macro which will process the end user's data input according to requirements specified in a google sheet. I have the processing part of the macro functioning, however, I'm having trouble updating the value of the Google spreadsheet (NOT the sheet/tab name but the name of the Google Sheet). I'm not given an error, but the macro will only reference the requirements in the default spreadsheet. Below is a screenshot of my workflow. Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Kaitlyn                 

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello KS,

I believe that the issue is due to Google having multiple parameters that correspond to a Google Sheets Workbook. There is both a Workbook ID and a Workbook name that need to be updated simultaneously.

Google Sheet.PNG

KS_dup_175
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! Adding an action to update the workbook ID fixed the issue I was seeing. However, now I'm encountering another issue. Each time I re-point this macro to a different Google Sheet, there is a CrossTab tool which looses it's configuration and as a result is causing the macro to error out. Is this an issue commonly seen in macros/is there a solution? The data being run through this tool is different each time, but follows the same format (same set of standardized fields). 

mmenth
11 - Bolide

The crosstab tool unfortunately does not take in dynamic or unknown fields the way many other tools do. You can potentially get around this by doing a dynamic rename to whichever fields you bring in from google sheets so that the fields will always have the same names going into the crosstab.

Labels