Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using a condition to choose a specific file/folder within another folder

alteryxuser
5 - Atom

I have reports I run each day where I take a specific company's sales data and cleanse it. I already have the data cleansing part set up, but need help with automating the input process. I have a folder labeled as "Companies" and within that folder are folders for each specific company. Within a specific company, there is the sales report I have to cleanse, and a folder containing past uncleansed sales reports. I'm looking to begin my workflow with a directory tool that goes to the general "companies" folder. Then I want to have some sort of formula/condition, where if I want to run the "Company X" sales data, I can press some sort of drop down menu and choose Company X, and it then will run today's sales report through the data cleansing (and avoid the folder of past sales data). Basically, I want to avoid having a bunch of different workflows and just be able to alter the input based on the company of my choosing.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or comments, or if this can even be done.

1 REPLY 1
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

Hi! This analytic app is a simple example of a workflow interface for report generation.

you have to change the file browse configuration to the desired file type.

Labels