Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using ZIP file with date/time at beginning of file name

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I have a ZIP file, containing 1 files that i need to use in a Designer workflow, but the problem I have is the zip file name (e.g. 20210823_Export_Devices_with_User_Details_AU.zipcontains the run date at the beginning of the file name (see attached file).

I am looking for a way for Designer to import the data from the enclosed file, with having to "unzip" the zipped file.

Is this even possible ?

3 REPLIES 3
BA02
7 - Meteor

Yes, very much possible. If it is a single file, simply drag and drop on the canvas and it will give you the option to select which file (in your case there's only one file) to extract.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@StephenT,

Below how you can do it

messi007_0-1629790292879.png

1 - I used the directory tool in order to let you read all zip files in the folder

2 - The formula is to add the file name to the path to be able to read each file

3- The dynamic Read is to read the file inside the zip

Attached the workflow you have to update the paths on the dynamic and input directory tools

Hope this helps,

Regards

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @BA02 
I was trying to avoid any manual adding of the zip file to the workflow. I have 4 team members working with me on a very complicated workflow, requiring the download and input of 7 files - if they miss one it'll give incorrect data.

@messi007 - your solution worked first time (after a bit of tweaking to use my network drives) - exactly what I was looking for, but didn't know hot to do it. I will mark your solution as accepted.

Thanks again to you both for your valuable input

Labels