Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Text Input to Dynamically read input and manipulate data

Jax23
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx,

I am stuck and not able to dynamically read an excel file and manipulate the data.....

Basically I have excel spread sheets saved in a shared drive where the name is in a generic format eg name + date. I would like the user to be able to enter the date so that the Dynamic Input tool will read the respective spreadsheet and then manipulate the data from there.

I was able to read the spread sheet but it comes up under another browser instead of the Dynamic Input in the work flow which would mean I won't be able to add in any filtering etc after the Dynamic Input tool..

Any solutions to this?

Also does Alteryx store the entered value so that I can call the value anywhere in the workflow and if so how do I do this?

workflow.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Here's a video that might help you:

https://youtu.be/k5cVUa0Oq70

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Jax23
7 - Meteor
Thanks Mark. There where some good information in your video however it doesn't solve my problem. Cheers Jax
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Jax23 what do you mean by it comes up in a new browser? from what I can see the macro looks good, I would just suggest putting in a template that matches what the input file looks like, rather than the csv. It will try to read in the xlsx file as a csv and will likely error.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Jax23
7 - Meteor
All good now guys, I've worked it out. Thanks.
owenkosnen
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Jax23 , I wonder how did you solve this problem? I also encounter same issue and would like to manipulate data after Dynamic Input Tool.

Labels