Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using RegEx Tool to extract multiple strings from one text block

matej-puchovsky
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm trying to extract a string out of a block of text using parsing in the RegEx Tool.

The piece of text I'm looking for is a date that follows after the expression "Review Date" in a designated string field, e.g. [...] Review Date 20.01.2019 [...].

My RegEx tool uses the following regular expression: Review Date (.*), while the output field is defined as a string of size 10 to only extract the necessary characters. As a result, a new field containing only the date is created.

However, I've now encountered a number of cases with multiple review dates within one cell, which looks something like this: [...] Review Date 20.01.2019 [...] Review Date 02.02.2019 [...].

Is there a way to extract both of these dates using the same regular expression?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @matej-puchovsky 

This will work: .*Review Date (\d{2}\.\d{2}\.\d{4}).* Review Date (\d{2}\.\d{2}\.\d{4}).*

Capture.PNG

matej-puchovsky
6 - Meteoroid
Fantastic, thank you!
Labels