Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using In-DB .indbc file with the Dynamic Input In-DB tool

Heidi_
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that passes a connection field and a query field to a dynamic input in-db tool.  It works great on my laptop but to run on our gallery, I need to use an .indbc file to connect to the database.  Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?

I've attached a screen shot of the workflow and configuration of the dynamic input in-db and the text that is being sent to it. TIA!

3 REPLIES 3
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Heidi_ you need to save your indb connection as a file, and then you can save this file with your workflow to the Gallery as an asset file.

Here you can find more info on how to do this:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Create-an-Alteryx-In-DB-Conn...

Heidi_
5 - Atom

Thank you for replying!  I do have an .indbc file created, however since it's not being used in an In-DB input, I can't save it with the workflow when I save the workflow to the gallery (see photo).  My In-DB file is called UDWPROD.indbc

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Heidi_ you might be able to work around this by using the Connect in-DB tool instead of the Dynamic Input. You can use the Interface tools to update this. 

Another way might be to package up a workflow which also uses the dbc file and save this up to the Gallery or another way I am thinking is to open workflow on the Designer installed on the Server machine, and save up to the Gallery from there.

Labels