Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using IF statement with multiple Boolean columns

CBarger
5 - Atom

Hello. New to Altryx. Tried Googling and can't seem to find a good answer. I am trying to create a filter based on if the Bool value in two different columns is True. I have tried multiple formulas, but I still don't ever return any results (and yes, looking at the raw file, there are True-True combinations). Ultimately I want to only keep the rows where I have True in both of the columns. I already changed the dtype from V_String to Bool. Below I am creating a new column called Scenario1 as my output and am attempting to assign "keep" or "delete" based on if both bools = True (so, "keep" if bool-bool = true-true and "delete" for all other bool-bool combinations)

IF ([Anchor] = 1 && [Band] = 1)  THEN "Keep" ELSE "delete" ENDIF

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CBarger 

Could you please share your workflow with a sample of your data, showing the unexpected results?

Cheers,

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@CBarger ,

If those two fields are set to BOOL field types, this expression in a formula tool should work. If you prefer to use &&, you can.

[Anchor] AND [Band]

image.png

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

CBarger
5 - Atom

Thanks so much! Not sure why I wasn't getting any "true" for the true-true combination before, but your suggestion worked perfectly!

Labels