Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using IF Statement to Group Rounding Issues

bwortham32
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I have some raw data where I'm rounding the price to the nearest hundreth - rounding to the nearest tenth is not accurate enough.  I have similar prices that should be grouped to the same price level.  For example, in my data below, $13.60 and $13.63 should be grouped to the $13.62 price level with the corresponding new totals:

Before:

BRANDPRICEQTY% of BusinessSales
OGIO13.6518% $        68.00
OGIO13.622071% $     272.40
OGIO13.63311% $        40.89

After:

BRANDPRICEQTY% of BusinessSales
OGIO13.6228100% $     381.36

I would know the correct price level to use by taking the level with the highest % of business.  Any ideas on how to group these other price levels into the correct one would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
bwortham32
7 - Meteor

Maybe I should clarify.. In the end, I want to say "IF the price level is less than 20% of business AND +/- $0.15 cents from the correct price level of $13.62, group it with $13.62." 

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If I'm understanding your use case correctly...

• you would identify the "standard" price with a Summarize tool (grouped by the Brand I assume?) and find the Max % of Business
  • follow with a Formula tool to calculate the boundaries of the +/- 15 cents
  • join back to original data flow on Brand and from the unmatched data anchor, attach a Filter that filters on the <20% value and whether the price falls within the +/- range
  • From the True side of the Filter, join back to the Summarize to and assign the price from that.

I think that conceptually would get you what you are looking for.

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

Building from Rod's description, how about the attached?

grouping.png

Sort - ensure records are in the order needed
Multi-Row Formula - identify records that are first, meaning greatest "% of Business" value
Sample - to select just the first record
Join - to bring the price info from first record to all all other records in BRAND
Filter - split stream into record that can be aggregated together (that meet the condition), and those that do not
Formula - recalculate the Sales value
Summarize - aggregate the data
Union - bring all records together

Labels