Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Generate Row & Multi Row Formulas

Kratoulli
5 - Atom

Hi there, 

I'm having some issues duplicating a row of data whereby a certain condition is met and then changing it. I've attached some dummy data below.

In essence I need to take a copy of a row where the customer is married and change the Lifeflag from 'L1' to 'L2', Gender from Gender1 to Gender2, Age1 to Age2 and add an additional column which will then act as the new customer ID, called LifeID. My thought process was that I would need a combination of the generate row, multi-row formula and formula tool to achieve this. Given that I'm still a novice I wasn't quite sure where to start and was hoping for some assistance. 

Thank you in advance! 🙂  

4 REPLIES 4
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your post, @Kratoulli! I am moving it to our Designer Discussions board for more visibility! 😉

Flávia Brancato
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kratoulli ,

Nice and simple, you just need to split the stream into those with part 1 and those with part2. Change accordingly and smoosh back together:

mceleavey_0-1628711719343.png

mceleavey_1-1628711743531.png

Workflow attached.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Kratoulli
5 - Atom

Hi @mceleavey, 

It worked like a charm, thanks for your help 🙂 

mceleavey
17 - Castor