Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using 'Disable All Tools that Write Output' breaks Caching parts of the workflow

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

So I have a workflow I'm working on where I'm wanting to test and edit the flow but I have the outputs already setup. I don't want these outputs to be enabled as I'm testing and changing the flow and so I'm using the runtime option of 'Disable All Tools that Write Output'.

Spoiler
Capture1.PNG

This usefully disables all my output tools, however, it also has the unintended effect of breaking caching parts of the workflow. You can select a tool to 'Run and Cache Workflow' still and Alteryx will run the flow but it never actually saves the cache. Furthermore, if you then select that same tool again you tried to cache, it gives the option to 'Clear Cache' on a cache it never created. Is this functionality intended?

Spoiler
Capture2.PNG

Thanks,

Sam :)

6 REPLIES 6
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
I can't say I've come across this because I don't use this feature but this is a great bug find!

Please can you raise this formally with support@alteryx.com just to ensure it gets visibility!

Ben
SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hi @BenMoss,

Good idea; email sent!

Sam :) 

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Confirmed Bug

Reply from Alteryx:

Hi Sam,

Thanks for contacting Alteryx Support - we have identified this as a bug and it is currently scheduled to be released in a version next year. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA on a fix, but I will associate your case with the defect so that you will be notified as soon as that release is available. Here is the defect number for your reference: DE18012.

Best,

Sophia Fraticelli | Sr. Customer Support Engineer
Email: support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com
MKosmicki
8 - Asteroid

I hope the bug is fixed soon. I can no longer cache & run in any of my workflows...which is a real PITA when it comes to using workflows that need a cache for development.

Michelle

hiromifujita
5 - Atom

Hello, 

Just wondering if there are any updates to this bug? 2019.2 still has the same issue. 

Thank you!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Starting with the 2020.1 release, you can use caching with the 'Disable All Tools that Write Output' option. Available here: http://downloads.alteryx.com/

Labels