Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Conditional Statements to Change your Data

nick22
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am working with one spreadsheet and need to duplicate a row if the Identifier equals the identifier above it.sales rep.PNG

Above is a sample from my data.

What I am trying to do is duplicate the row where [Opp-id]=[Opp-id].

Is there a way to do this in a formula in alteryx or would this be best done in an excel macro?

Thank you,

Nick 

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@nick22,

I solved this by checking to see if the row above equals the current row (set flag).  Then I copied all rows.  Then I filtered to keep the first rows plus any that were previously calculated to generate a new row.

Capture.PNG

Maybe @SeanAdams might improve on this.  The generate rows tool could be used with proper conditional logic applied, but I was getting "wrong" results and opted to go for K.I.S.S. to get you to the right results.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S.  @nick22, I forgot to include the solution workflow.  Now it is attached.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
nick22
8 - Asteroid

@MarqueeCrew

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Can you show me how the tools are configured? I'm unsure how to use these tools.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) thanks for the ping @MarqueeCrew

@nick22 - I've tackled this slightly differently than Mark, but included both solutions here.

The way that my version works is that it uses Mark's multi-row formula to see whether an oppID is duplicated, and then if so, it adds this row back to the set using a union.

All the configurations and flows are in screenshots (and attachments) below.

Hopefully this solves your problem - if so, would you mind marking as solved - if not, just reply with follow up questions and we'd be glad to iterate with you.

2017-05-22_9-31-50.png

2017-05-22_9-32-18.png2017-05-22_9-32-39.png

Labels