Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Analytic App to configure date filters

ChrisMelck
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I am fairly new to Alteryx and am having difficulty with something that should be simple.

I am trying to get the user to specify the date range for a workflow. I have a very simple workflow attached which I was using to test, but I can't get it to work.

At first I thought maybe the analytic app had to have an output file (as opposed to just running to a Browse tool), but even after sending output to a file, the filter wouldn't work.

Please help.

And apparently I need help loading the file as well :(

Analytic app 1.pngAnalytic app 2.png

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ChrisMelck 

There are a couple things you should double check:

1) In your action tool, you don't need to keep the quotes around the string. Just replace the date itself

2) You need to run it as an analytic app. You do that by clicking on the magic wand.

3) To see results in the Browse Tool, you need to configure Interface Designer. Click on "View"  - "Interface Designer" - "Properties" (it's the engine icon)

You'll see an option "On Success - Show Results to User" - select the Browse Tool to ensure the output log show your results.

Cheers,

ChrisMelck
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Thableaus 

Thanks for the reply.

1) Removed the quotes

2) I was running it as an analytic app

3) Did not know this - thanks. 

Still doesn't work :(

Results still display the filter with the default values selected.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ChrisMelck 

Could you please share this app with us? Export the workflow to upload it here. It's probably a tiny detail.

Cheers,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ChrisMelck 

Before that.

Change the filter from Simple to Custom Filter.

Cheers,

ChrisMelck
8 - Asteroid

@Thableaus Thank you!

The simple to custom fixed it (but it was a combination of your suggestions). Also thanks for explaining how to attach a workflow ;)

I am going to mark your original response as the solution.

Cheers

msve
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have the exact issue - My workflow is not taking the user input value when running the workflow. I tried all the options suggested by @Thableaus, can you point out how you fixed it (simple to custom) - did you update the action section?

This is my workflow. 

msve_0-1649712811650.png

Labels