This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?
I am fairly new to Alteryx and am having difficulty with something that should be simple.
I am trying to get the user to specify the date range for a workflow. I have a very simple workflow attached which I was using to test, but I can't get it to work.
At first I thought maybe the analytic app had to have an output file (as opposed to just running to a Browse tool), but even after sending output to a file, the filter wouldn't work.
And apparently I need help loading the file as well :(
Go to Solution.
Go to Solution.
There are a couple things you should double check:
1) In your action tool, you don't need to keep the quotes around the string. Just replace the date itself
2) You need to run it as an analytic app. You do that by clicking on the magic wand.
3) To see results in the Browse Tool, you need to configure Interface Designer. Click on "View" - "Interface Designer" - "Properties" (it's the engine icon)
You'll see an option "On Success - Show Results to User" - select the Browse Tool to ensure the output log show your results.
Thanks for the reply.
1) Removed the quotes
2) I was running it as an analytic app
3) Did not know this - thanks.
Still doesn't work :(
Results still display the filter with the default values selected.
Could you please share this app with us? Export the workflow to upload it here. It's probably a tiny detail.
Change the filter from Simple to Custom Filter.
@Thableaus Thank you!
The simple to custom fixed it (but it was a combination of your suggestions). Also thanks for explaining how to attach a workflow ;)
I am going to mark your original response as the solution.