community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Using Alteryx with JDA for Planograms

Meteor

Perfect - I will use the XML export to read into Alteryx.  Thanks for the help!

Meteor

Hi @PaulStark - I have the .psa files converted to xml, but I keep running into issues in the XML parse tool.  The specific issue that I'm running into is that I'm not sure how to get Alteryx to parse out the different sections of the xml (e.g. Product attributes, Store attributes, & Position attributes).  The product & position attributes are the most important to me - do you have any thoughts or a sample workflow I could use to get these pieces parsed out?

Thanks!

Erik

Hi @emitch024 - We had another member of our team build the Workflow we use to parse out the data using the RegEx Tool. Here is how they built the Macro. (If you have the XML tool reading the data into the workflow you might be able to skip this step.)

clipboard_image_0.png

After they read the xml data into Alteryx with the Macro, it then feeds into a set of filters to isolate the lines in the xml that you are looking for to work.

clipboard_image_1.png

Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Meteor

Hi @PaulStark - thanks for the screenshots! I ended up taking a slightly different approach using the XML Parse tool (below).

clipboard_image_0.png

Using the XML Parse tools sequentially lets you parse out different parts of the file, which is what your team member was doing with the filters.  Essentially you look for the 'Specific Child Name' of "Shelf", "Product", or "Position" and it will return all of the child values (or attributes) you are looking for. 

Thanks for the collaboration here! 

Labels