Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

UserID, Password or Account is invalid

kw
7 - Meteor

Hi,

When trying to connecting to Teradata via Alteryx, I receive the Error message: ErrorSQLDriverConnect: [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] the UserID, Password or Account is invalid. I've confirmed that the password and userid is correct. Also- at times I'm able to access the tables by clicking the Query Builder, however, when trying to run, the error message of USERID and Password error message is displayed.

The password and user name is correct, and I confirmed via multiple methods.

1. Logged into the database and table via Teradata SQL assistant - same credentials ,

2. Reset passwords and created new connection.

3. Access query builder to select table and columns.

Any guidance?

Thanks,

Keathen

4 REPLIES 4
smille17
7 - Meteor

I've had this issue before and resolved it by updating the Teradata driver.

kw
7 - Meteor

Thank you for responding. I just updated my Teradata driver and getting the same message...only with FailCode = -8017 at the end now.

smille17
7 - Meteor

OK - when I've seen this problem before and my drivers are updated, and I've checked that I can log in to Teradata using my credentials via another method... There's something going on with how you've set up the connection and the parameters that are being used - and the correct ones will depend on Teradata version, etc.

Labels