Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

User query and feedback

tdickey
5 - Atom

Hello - I have been using Alteryx for about a year. I would consider myself a novice still, but I was recently task with something that presents quite a challenge for me.

I have a workflow that pulls from a DB2 table and joins with a second sheet to provide my final data for my user. 

Here is what I would like:

A frontend that shows the the final data + a drop down where the user can provide feedback from a predefined list... on each row.. 

Then a way the user can submit and the rows that have feedback can be sent to an excel sheet in a predetermined folder.

Hope this makes sense..

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @tdickey,

This is rather impossible in Alteryx, the Interface Toolset, as great as it is does not support an interactive feedback loop mechanism.

If you're lucky to have Microsoft Power Suite and specifically PowerApps, this is a great tool to accomplish this task.

This is what I have used a couple of times, you would need to use multiple screens where selections in the prior steps would reflect in the data frame presented in the edit mode. The results can be sent to a file or update SharePoint list, in the case of the former you could use MS Flow to deliver the results or invoke Axlteryx workflow using API (workflow would need to be available on Gallery).

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx?

tdickey
5 - Atom

Hi @rafalolbert 

- Great information. Let me clarify a bit. When i said the user gives feedback, what i meant is they would provide a response via the predetermined dropdown.

ie. 

Nameaccount #open dateclosed datepast due amount dropdown 1dropdown 2dropdown 3dropdown 4
joe brown151508011/01/202002/01/2021$123.36 answeransweransweranswer

I hope this makes more sense... if possible..

Thanks!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@tdickey 

What you trying to do is possible I think. but it is not practical.

As @rafalolbert adviced, Alteryx is for Data Processing, rather than UI.

Imagine user has to run the Alteryx workflow just to provide a feed back, not mentioning that the license is required for him/her as well.

If you are using Office 365, A simple Forms can do the work beatifully./

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @tdickey ,

yes this is certainly do-able, but you would need the gallery which is a function of the server to make it a viable solution. You can pick up the data in an analytic app, the dropdowns being populated and presented to the end user in a web UI. These selections would then populate the dataset in the back end and output to wherever, a flat file, SQL, Snowflake etc.

We can design the web UI front end for you and we can embed it in any website or web application you choose.

So yes, but you need the server to make it a feasible option.

Feel free to DM me if you would like to pursue the options.

M.

Bulien

priya_mohana_dhl
7 - Meteor

Hi @mceleavey 

How to design the web UI front end? We have Alteryx Server and Designer. 
    Thanks.
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @priya_mohana_dhl ,

If you don't have the in-house skills you can DM me and we can have a chat.

M.

Bulien

Labels