Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

User interface input multiple values

ResearchRE
7 - Meteor

I need to create an interface that would allow a user to select multiple fields from a predetermined set of values.  This needs to be connected to a filter which would all only the values that are selected to be displayed on the final export.  Is this something that is possible?  I could do it with one value, but how do you create the macro so that it can tell the filter to select multiple values?

Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try something like the attached?

The key might be to have your filter formula say something like: [Field] in ("A") rather than [Field] = "A"... then you can use the List Box Interface tool with an action that updates the "A" in the filter formula to be a concatenated list of the choices selected in the List Box. Set up your List Box as follows:

App.JPG

List all the predetermined options in the Properties box, one per line. Then by generating a custom list and separating with , delimiter, you can then use the Action tool to replace your "A" in the filter with the concatenated list ("A","C","D" for example). Action tool can be configured as follows:

Action.JPG

See attached for sample workflow. Does that help? :)

NJ

ResearchRE
7 - Meteor

Hi NJ,

Thank you for responding!  I tried opening up your workflow but instead of downloading the program it displayed the coding in a browser window.  I'm excited to see if this will work!  Could you please try uploading the workflow again?

Thanks again!

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Sorry about that!! I keep forgetting that the Community doesn't like it when I upload things from Internet Explorer :) Should be there now in my original post!

ResearchRE
7 - Meteor

This is perfect. Thank you so much, Nicole!!!

Labels