Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

User interface input multiple values

ResearchRE
7 - Meteor

I need to create an interface that would allow a user to select multiple fields from a predetermined set of values.  This needs to be connected to a filter which would all only the values that are selected to be displayed on the final export.  Is this something that is possible?  I could do it with one value, but how do you create the macro so that it can tell the filter to select multiple values?

Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try something like the attached?

The key might be to have your filter formula say something like: [Field] in ("A") rather than [Field] = "A"... then you can use the List Box Interface tool with an action that updates the "A" in the filter formula to be a concatenated list of the choices selected in the List Box. Set up your List Box as follows:

App.JPG

List all the predetermined options in the Properties box, one per line. Then by generating a custom list and separating with , delimiter, you can then use the Action tool to replace your "A" in the filter with the concatenated list ("A","C","D" for example). Action tool can be configured as follows:

Action.JPG

See attached for sample workflow. Does that help? :)

NJ

ResearchRE
7 - Meteor

Hi NJ,

Thank you for responding!  I tried opening up your workflow but instead of downloading the program it displayed the coding in a browser window.  I'm excited to see if this will work!  Could you please try uploading the workflow again?

Thanks again!

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Sorry about that!! I keep forgetting that the Community doesn't like it when I upload things from Internet Explorer :) Should be there now in my original post!

ResearchRE
7 - Meteor

This is perfect. Thank you so much, Nicole!!!

Labels