Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

User interface for field recognition

Cesc
8 - Asteroid

Hi community,

I am trying to create an interface for our users using Alteryx (just executing). The objective is for the user to tell Alteryx which column is which, so that Alteryx can continue with the Analysis. We get documents with the same columns, but named differently (i.e. Registered date / Date of register /Registration Date).

With this interface, the user will tell Alteryx with the interface which field (from the document he attached) is what.

It should be something like this:

Name of column (from the document inserted by user)                                            Name of Column that will be used for the Analysis

(Choose column from the attached document)                                                         G_Document Number

(Choose column from the attached document)                                                         G_Description

(Choose column from the attached document)                                                         G_Credit

(Choose column from the attached document)                                                         G_Debit

(Choose column from the attached document)                                                         GT_Registration Date

In choose column from the attached document, the user should choose the name of the column that matches with the Column in the right side.

I would really appreciate your help this time.

Kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @Cesc 

Keeping in mind that columns from right side will remain constant and only field names coming from input data set will vary, I have come up with below solution. This analytical app shall allow you to select column from drop down button to map it with column names from right side i.e. G_Document Number etc. 

Amol_Telore_0-1658839482122.png

In thee downstream, incoming columns will get renamed dynamically as per the mapping selected. Attached is the workflow. Hope it solves your concern.

Cesc
8 - Asteroid

@Amol_Telore Thank you so much!! I will work and study what you just did! Thank you!!

Labels