Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

User inputs in App

abhinabaroy09
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I need to create an app in which the user is going to input values of 3 columns, basis which the data will be filtered and written to an excel file.

The columns for which the user inputs the values are

1. model family (multiple selections), preferably a drop down list.Manual entry of options is not valid as the values change after every month refresh.
  2. product family (multiple selections), preferably a drop down list. Manual entry of options is not valid as the values change after every month refresh.
  3. mfg date (date range)

The values should be taken from the data source connected.

How to do this in alteryx?

Attached is a sample data set.

4 REPLIES 4
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @abhinabaroy09! I created an app that I think should do what you're looking for. I used List Boxes to select model and product families because you said you wanted to be able to have multiple selections there. Let us know if this works for you.

jad0575
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I'm trying to check the setup of the action tools for the multiple values formula but I didn't find any action tools. Is it because of wireless connection?

I'm trying to figure out how I can use the list box to amend the Transpose tool both Key fields and Fields Data parts.
Many thanks

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @jad0575,

The workflow @Kenda attached doesn't use action tools, instead it calls the variables those questions produce. If you take a look in the workflow tab of the configuration pane:

image.png

You will see that there are "Question" types, these refer to variables produced from the interface tools, named the "Name" of the interface tool.

image.pngimage.png

These variables are then used as standard variables in other tools in the workflow:

image.png

Hopefully this solves your question!

Regards,

Jonathan

jad0575
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you. 

Would you be able to help me finding the formula which I need to wrote in the ACTION tool to change the DATA FIELDS in TRANSPOSE? I know how to change one value but not if they are multiple!

jad0575_0-1579177205891.png

Labels