Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

User account issue

dikshit_luthra
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I have Alteryx designer admin 2019 with user e.g. :  abcd@def.com

But i dont know the password.

I am going to install Alteryx designer NON-ADMIN 2021 , and for that if I sign up and create new user and use the same license key , will it work/ or effect anything ??

Thanks in advance !

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dikshit_luthra 
I think you need to request your adminstator to revoke the license and assign to you.

The license is linked with the company email.
If it is under your account, you can revoke it then install on another machine.

License.PNG

dikshit_luthra
7 - Meteor

@Qiu hey,

Thanks ! 

I have 1-2 doubts 

So we have ALTERYX ADMIN ON prod version 2019 with logged in user, name e.g.  abcd@def.com

Just for the sake of latest version installing non-admin one, I have admin rights as well , 

So I want Alteryx Admin version to remain as it is , without any interuption and download non-admin with my new sign up , with same license key .

Kindly assist here . 

Thanks 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @dikshit_luthra 

If you want to use a 2021 non-admin version of Designer on the same machine for an evaluation period, contact your Alteryx Sales rep and fulfillment@alteryx.com.  Explain why you want to evaluate the 2021 version, for example, planning an upgrade, compatibility test, etc, and they should be able grant you a temporary license.

Dan

dikshit_luthra
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang ,

Thanks man !

Mailing fulfillment@alteryx.com 

Best,

Dik**bleep**

dikshit_luthra
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang 

If you know or can confirm , if alteryx designer non-admin 2021 latest is compatible with windows server 2012 R2.

Thanks

Labels