Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

User Cancelled error Issue

ctthornb
6 - Meteoroid

Curious if anyone else experiences this.  It seems like about 1 out of every 10 times I run a workflow, the workflow will hang for a period of about 5-10 seconds and then throw the following error:

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: AlteryxProcessManager::Start: User Canceled

This would indicate that I am cancelling the workflow but it has happened enough where I know it is not user error double clicking the run button and therefore cancelling it.  I can't seem to nail down a cause.

The issue never occurs twice in a row so I simply just rerun the workflow and it works normally.  It's not a big deal but still an annoyance especially when I hit the run button on a workflow that takes 5-10 minutes and leave my desk only to come back to a cancelled workflow.  I also investigated a possible network glitch but that isn't the case, the error still occurs at the same frequency whether I am hardwired in to the network or connected over WIFI/VPN.  

For reference, I am using 64-bit on version 11,3,2,29874

Any help would be much appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
Vin1
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am new to Alteryx Designer and was wondering if there has any new development for fixing this problem. As of right now I am not able to change any of my security settings. Also is there any relationship between this problem and Alteryx lagging?

CLindsay
6 - Meteoroid

One thing we found to be contributing to this issue, is workflows that have enabled browse tools. I would disable all browse tools and see if that helps solve your issue. 

CLindsay
6 - Meteoroid

I wanted to follow up on this. We found that licensing issues caused this for us. We were running into this problem during our transition from designer/scheduler to server as we had two different workers setup but really only had a license for one. We scaled back to one and the problem has been resolved.  

srikanthdayyala
5 - Atom

Hi Lisa,

Could you please share the exact details what need to be done to get the issue fixed.

We are currently using 11.5 version and facing the same issue.

Thank you 

Srikanth Dayyala

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@srikanthdayyala 

For more individual assistance, commercially licensed users can contact Support

This error was seen much more often in older versions, but there is no known blanket fix.  Things to check include

• Temporarily disable security software to determine whether that makes a difference.  If that is a factor, you can often whitelist Alteryx directories and files.  For a list of directories, see Solution A in this post and include all files and subdirectories when whitelisting.   
  • Ensure that you have sufficient resources:  Eight GB of RAM should be considered a bare minimum, and the amount of available RAM is important.  Try closing other programs when running Alteryx. 

Please also note that Designer and Server version 11.5 reached the end of support in February 2019.  You may find that upgrading to a newer version helps.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Mahadeva
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

Even we are facing the same issue in most of the workflows currently, which were running fine earlier.

Appreciate if anybody could help us with the solution if cracked.

Labels