Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use "Data Stream In" function to connect a local file and in-Databae workflow

TessaXu
6 - Meteoroid

I have problem when use "Data Stream In" function to connect a local file and in-Databae workflow.

Is there any possible to do this Join in-DB with a file import from interface? 

My understanding of the process is that use "Data Stream In" generate a temporary table from interface input file, and join in DB, then output only the joined data of interface input file and DB.

The output is still a xlsx file which could be downloaded in Gallery by app user.

TessaXu_3-1669274530025.png

6 REPLIES 6
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @TessaXu 

I use the data stream in exactly as you understand it, and it works fine. You dont even need special permissions to create temp tables, so with the proper configuration it should work. What error message the workflow is giving you on the data stream in tool?

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669290579651.png

TessaXu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Felipe_Ribeir

Glad to have your sharing so quick, thanks a lot.

Here is the error message.

TessaXu_2-1669293626726.png

TessaXu_1-1669293608931.png

I've also tried to replace the input file to Text input, just as your workflow, but still got the same error message 

TessaXu_3-1669293822214.png

TessaXu_4-1669293880500.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@TessaXu think that i understood the problem

The connection name is the connection name of the database. You can use the same one that you use with the In DB component.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669294062706.png

TessaXu
6 - Meteoroid

Yes!You are right!

It works when changed the connection name of the database I used.

Thank you so much

Tessa

Chetan7s
5 - Atom

How to read data from the local file and use same data in db tools without database connection for existing workflow 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Chetan7s that makes no sense. you need a database to use in-db tools.

Labels