Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Use dynamic output to output three tables into one tab

DannisMen
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I have a problem of dynamic output.  I want each 'study_sid' to be its own Excel 'FILE' and within the file, each plcy_nbr to be its own tab. Each tab i want to have three tables separately. I know how to do this for one table each tab but struggles for three tables. The sample input has 2 study id and 2 plcy_nbr each id. So it should be 2 excel files and 2 tabs each file and three tables each tab. 

Any idea?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @DannisMen to create a tab with the 3 tables each in each tab, you can use the Join Multiple tool, and Join by Record Position, to add your 3 table snippets on the same record line, then combine them together into a single snippet using the Layout tool, and then Render that new single snippet.

I haven't used the Render tool to create Multiple Sheets with Multiple Tabs, personally I've found it easier to create batch macro for each report.  

DannisMen
8 - Asteroid

Would you mind give me a simple example? I'm still a bit confused. 

Thank you!

markcurry
12 - Quasar

@DannisMen I've attached a simple workflow to show you what I mean about combining the 3 tables.

Rendering to Excel doesn't seem to be great at spacing out the tables, compared to say rendering to a pdf.  So I've included another example which add a title for each table that you would use in the Layout tool to put above each table.

Hope that helps, 

Mark

DannisMen
8 - Asteroid

This is great. But PLCY_NBR and study SID would be random in the later run. In the pic, this is what i used for exporting to different tabs and files based on those two columns. My current problem is i cannot put three tables in one tab and still output them dynamically. Does it make sense?

DannisMen_0-1605155980151.png

maffeldt
5 - Atom

Good Afternoon,

Did you ever find a solution for this, as I do have a solution that I identified in a workflow a couple years ago.

I have three separate tables outputting in different parameters to 8 different tabs. Let me know if you still need the solution.

Thank you!

Marissa

Labels