Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use dynamic header in the formula tool

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have just figured out how to create a dynamic header, but I need to further do some calculation. Do you have any idea about how can I use data under dynamic header for calculation?

The value of Change by product weekly should be [20221122_Grand Total]- [20221115_Grand Total], but the date in the header changes every week.

I tried to write the formula in this way: [DateTimeformat(DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-3,"days"), '%Y%m%d')+'_'+'Grand total']-[DateTimeformat(DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-10,"days"), '%Y%m%d')+'_'+'Grand total'], but it does not work.

Can you kindly help me with it. The situation has been attached. Thank you so much.

In excel calculation, it should be quite simple.

Paddi_0-1669358182781.png

In Alteryx, the header can be dynamic using this expression.

Paddi_1-1669358278892.png

12 REPLIES 12
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Paddi 

If you already got dynamic name of fields [2022MMdd_Grand total] , then come with the workaround of @OllieClarke .

But if you don't and have more ideas, maybe can follow me:

录制_2022_11_26_15_28_08_269.gif

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

hihi @binuacs  Your solution looks good but didn't actually solve my pain point in the workflow. Thank your for your help anyway~~

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hihi @OllieClarke Thanks so much for sharing, exactly what I want. Seems the dynamic tools can do a lot, learned a lot from your solution. Thank you~

Labels