Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use Row as header

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have never used my row as header. I tried using Transpose, but failed.

Below is my input which I want to use my as Header. In my output I have 3 columns with month name.

DiyaR_0-1621961039134.png

DiyaR_1-1621961061425.png

Appreciate your help:)

10 REPLIES 10
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have you tried the dynamic rename tool? You can take your first row of data and set it to the header values. 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/dynamic-rename-tool 

You can also specify what row to start data import from in your Input Data tool. This is probably the easiest approach for what you are looking to do. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @DiyaR 

Can you provide above data in excel.

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Attached, in spreadsheet, two sperate tabs. thank you

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @DiyaR 

Here is how you can do it. I am using dynamic rename find & replace column name method.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1621962971671.png

1. Using field info tool i am getting info of Price & >1k Yes/No.

2. Using summarize i am getting month value.

3. Using append i am joining field name and month.

4. Using formula i generating new column names.

5. Using dynamic rename tool i am configuring it to rename old names with new names from the R anchor.

Hope this helps 🙂

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Much Appreciated your Help and step by step explanation. I really learned something new. THANK YOU 🙂

LCB
5 - Atom

@Brandon B - I know you can choose a row to start on other than the first row when you use the normal input tool but can you do the same if you use the google sheets input tool and if so how as I want to do this but can't see the functionality when using the google input tool

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@LCB take a quick peek at this link for documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/google-sheets-input-tool 

you probably want to uncheck the box for “first row contains field names”, skip the number of rows that you want, and then use a dynamic rename tool. 

LCB
5 - Atom

@BrandonB Thx so much! I am new to alteryx and reached out to you as on searching for other solutions a lot of your responses helped me! Much appreciated :)

cherylgohsp
6 - Meteoroid

Attached is my solution

Labels