Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use Iterative Macro To Join Transposed Data

hyan028
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm new to Alteryx and never used iterative macro before, but I think the macro can help me streamline the below process and I hope someone can help me on creating such macro.

So basically I have some sample data below and my current workflow has to filter by Map Column multiple times then transpose the filtered data and finally join all transposed data together.

DATA SAMPLE.PNG

FLOW SAMPLE.PNG

I think an iterative macro can save tons of time instead of manually filter - transpose - join, or some other method can simplify the workflow.  

The desired output is something like this:

OUTPUT SAMPLE.PNG

I hope my description makes sense.  I have been struggling on this for a couple days so I really appreciate someone could help out with a solution.

Thank you very much.

Blake

2 REPLIES 2
MSalvage
11 - Bolide

Hi @hyan028,

Looks like you just need to use a combination of the Transpose and Cross Tab Tools.

First Transpose with 'map' as a 'key field' and 'AAA', 'BBB',... as the 'data field'. Then send that into a Cross tab tool, grouping by 'Name' with 'map' as new column headers and 'Value' as  Values for New Columns. See images below.

Transpose for hyan028.PNG

Cross tab for hyan028.PNG

Hope this helps,

MSalvage

hyan028
7 - Meteor

Thanks @MSalvage, that indeed get the same results, which is perfect!

Labels