Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Usage of Alteryx Designer and server for multiple use in an instance

gauravnegi2
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I am stuck with a question regarding the use of Alteryx designer and server both, need to choose one for the work.

Lets say we have an instance and there are multiple user of that instance is it possible if we buy 1 Alteryx designer license and use it in the instance and then multiple user can use the Designer with 1 license key only as we have designer installed in same instance which everyone is accessing.

Second question is lets say if the above scenario is not possible and if we buy a Alteryx server and give the access to multiple user so will we get Alteryx designer installed inside the server to create the workflows or we will have to do something else for that.

Hope this clears the question, 

Thank you in advance, it will really help if you guys can give some insights on this.

6 REPLIES 6
AmyH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @gauravnegi2 ,

Alteryx is licensed on a named user model so your first scenario wouldn't work unless you had a 5 seat license. Alteryx Server would be ideal for publishing Alteryx Analytic Apps from Alteryx Designer for other users to run as needed.

I'd be happy to discuss further if it would help.

Best regards,

Amy

gauravnegi2
8 - Asteroid

@AmyH thanks for the info, few more questions I have,

1. Do we need only 1 server license for whole team will everyone be able to use Alteryx designer inside the server and publish the reports or do we need multiple license.

AmyH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@gauravnegi2 Anyone who would be creating workflows that would be published on the Server (regardless of where they are authored) would need a license.  Please let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards - Amy

gauravnegi2
8 - Asteroid

So lets suppose we have 5 members team, and all are Alteryx resources, now how many licenses I will need for the resources.

1. For Alteryx server (will this include designer as well ?)

2. For Alteryx Designer inside Server

Thanks 

AmyH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

The unique Designer users would each need a license (qty 5), and then assuming the workflows need to be published to the Server for either scheduling or access to other users via the Gallery, you would need a Server license.

Hope that helps,

Amy

gauravnegi2
8 - Asteroid

THanks @AmyH 

Labels