Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[Urgent]If no data/column, then create "0" into it

AndyHH
7 - Meteor

Hi Community!

I recently want to build a model which after combining two excels, if there's no data, i want to create "0" into the column, so that i can do calculation after this path. And most of the time it will have data so i can calculate directly, but if it didn't, I need to generate "0" on my own. Can anyone help for this?

I've tried the formula tool and type : if isempty([Sum_Amount]) then '0' Else [Sum_Amount] ENDIF. But it doesn't work.

How can i use other tool or how do i type it in the formula? Many thanks!

2021-10-06_18-28-16.png

2021-10-06_18-47-18.png

15 REPLIES 15
AndyHH
7 - Meteor

Hi  @danilang and thanks everyone

Thanks for your solution and I can generate the 0 now. However, my next step is, if there's value, i need to use my own value to ABS() to turn into positive. And if there's no value, i will want to use the generated '0' and also make it ABS().

Is there any path or formula to use? In my mind now is 1.See if value -> yes then ABS. 2. If no value -> '0' then ABS. And i will only need one figures for further usage. Many Thanks!!!

2021-10-07_14-30-45.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @AndyHH 

Can you show me whats in this formula that's what might be creating the issue.

atcodedog05_0-1633588605193.png

atcodedog05_0-1633588663215.png

Hope this helps : )

AndyHH
7 - Meteor

oh thanks !! i did not notice there's one formula there, i removed it and works.

However, the situation now is if there's value then it will be "value" & "counts", which in this case i dont want the counts one.

I think i can only select the first one but just want to make sure that, the data which already existed will always in the row1?

If so, i will try to select only the first row to further calculate. Thank you!!

2021-10-07_14-48-40.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @AndyHH 

You missed out the filter tool from @danilang workflow please add it and it should work.

atcodedog05_0-1633589638939.png

Hope this helps : )

AndyHH
7 - Meteor

Thanks everyone my question is solved!! This is really helpful !

minhdvo
7 - Meteor

Thanks for sharing the solution. It is perfect.

Labels