Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Uregent HELP :- Select one Excel file from one location and copy it into another directory

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi Team,

Greetings!!!

I need your urgent help where I want to create a form in alteryx where user allow to select one excel file and another text box user select the directory where the user can save same file into different directory.

This should be totally dynamically. No fixed excel file path and directory too.

Please need your assistance here.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @alt_tush

I don't know if it exactly fits your needs, but here's what I imagined to do.

Capturar.PNG

Cheers,

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It's important to note that this type of application will not work in the gallery environment; it will only work if the user has Alteryx Designer installed on the machine and they run it as a local application.

The reason being, unless the directory chosen is a drive which the gallery can actually see (like a share drive), then it won't be able to write the file to the desired location.

For example, if I use a directory to browse to my desktop, Alteryx Server cannot see my desktop, and therefor cannot write the file.

Ben

Labels