Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Uploading Python SDK based custom tools to Alteryx Gallery

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have created a Custom tool based on Python SDK for Alteryx 2020.3, which is perfectly working in Alteryx Designer.

But when trying to upload it alongside the workflow to the Private gallery I do not see the Custom tool appearing in the Workflow assets selection Screen.

When I manually tried adding it as a YXI package the workflow validation failed with the following message:

Error: Unable to resolve plugin Python "Wait/WaitEngine.py"

Here Wait is the name of the custom tool and WaitEngine.py is the Python file with all the logic

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your kind suggestions

Have a nice day

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @fardeen9983 you would need to log into the machine that host the gallery and install the Custom Tool in the Designer on that machine for that tool to be available. If you don't have permission then you will need to work with whoever has the ability to do so. 

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

For this issue, I read that Gallery can is configured to run in either Safe/Semi-Safe/Unrestricted mode. Is it possible for us to accomplish everything from the gallery itself if we select Unrestricted mode

This custom tool is actually nested 3-4 levels within other macros and is not required individually. Still it would be better to have it available to download from the Gallery

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The .yxi format won't be able to hosted on the gallery like similar to a macro. This Idea on the community talks more about hosting .yxi. You will need to follow what I said in the previous post to install the custom tool, otherwise any workflow that contains this tool will not run on the gallery until that occurs. 

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JosephSerpis, for all the in-depth solutions. Closing the question

Labels