Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Upload to FTP - Step by step instructions not working for me

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello;

I have attempted to follow the step by step instructions laid out here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Upload-to-SFTP-FTP/ta-p/20845 and here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/File-Transfer-Protocol-FTP-Upload/t... 

I get a warning which reads, Warning: Download (3): No data received from "ftp://ftp.bballtest.com/Fortinet/Challenge Points.csv"; Check the headers for details. I BELIEVE I've followed everything in the posts. I get the file was read into a blob, but then no data received. I have attached my workflow. I don't know if anyone can look at it, but it would be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@m1ngle74 

Could you try removing the space from the file name and call it ChallengePoints.csv or Challenge_Points.csv instead?

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

@MichalM  @m1ngle74 

I am also facing the same issue (i am not using spaces in filename). I am using sftp, the upload is successful but  but i do not get back any success message. I get a warning saying "No Data Received"

Warning: Download (3): No data received from "sftp://<CompanyName>:<Port>/User2.txt"; Check the headers for details.

Even the header is empty. Any advise?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Thanks MichalM, I tried that but it didn't work. The messages I get in Download Headers are below.  I'm not sure where the error is, it looks okay to me. 

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 3 of 500 allowed.
220-Local time is now 09:17. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
331 User Ingle@bballtest.com OK. Password required
230-Your bandwidth usage is restricted
230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
257 "/" is your current location
250 OK. Current directory is /Fortinet
229 Extended Passive mode OK (|||50996|)
200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
150 Accepted data connection
226-File successfully transferred
226 0.685 seconds (measured here), 357.51 Kbytes per second

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Nothing suggests there's problem. Are you saying the file doesn't get uploaded?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Michael - I'm very sorry. Apparently this was running correctly, I was assuming it was not loading due to the warning, but it is in fact in the FTP folder correctly. Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Good! I'm glad to hear. I appreciate that the message is confusing.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

@MichalM @m1ngle74  I do not get any message in header even though the file gets uploaded successfully. Is there a reason why?

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

The response should come from the FTP server, if you can't see it, it probably doesn't send one.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

You could try to post your workflow. I'm not sure I can help, but I can look to see if it's any different than mine.

Labels