Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Upload dynamic on Alteryx Gallery

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Business Purpose :- Currently we are serving our large audience set with range of self-service reports on Gallery. But, to capture users responses, we want to upload a dynamic form on gallery to capture users inputs. Is that possible to achieve the same?

Thanks 

Vikas

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Vikas038 can you describe this dynamic form more?  What types of inputs would be accepted?  How would they change?  How would they be used?

It kinda sounds like a third party integration I've done in the past, but need some more info to know.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'd want a little more context before I say for sure, but this should be possible with an analytic app. Your app can have a user interface by utilizing the Interface tools. These can update other pieces of the workflow, and used downstream. Your output can be used to generate a record on a file or database.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/analytic-apps 

echuong1_0-1617196642621.png

echuong1_1-1617196673325.png

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Thanks for your quick response. Although, our requirements for a dynamic intake form is :-

* There will be 4-5 columns with drop down items. So that users can  select column values from predefined list 

* In last column, we need to generate a random string. For instance, Random string will contain first two letters from each of column value that we selected 

* Next to that, In a column we want a concatenation function.

Purpose:- We want to expose that form to a large set of users so that we can get inputs from them via dynamic form and store all results at our end.

Thank you

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @Vikas038   maybe you can post what you've tried so far?  It's a little easier to detail how to get there if we see what you're starting from (even if it is nothing functional).

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team, We are using paid services of alteryx including designer and Server to serve our audience.

Although, we are in process of deciding if we need to renew our services or cancel the contract. By that said, it will be great if we can have a quick call to discuss original ask. This dynamic form is one of critical task for us to accomplish ASAP.

I am based in IST time zone.

Let me know if any additional information is required from my end.

Thank you,

Vikas

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

For your reference, we want to replicate attached form on alteryx.

Attached form contains:-

* Drop down values for couple of columns 

* and some columns will contain formula based values

Since this is time sensitive so I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

Labels